Saturday, January 2, 2010

Increases . . . Decreases, et cetera, et cetera

Well--there is now one day left before returning to work . . . what can I say?! And the weather is truly frigid and horrible. Time to think about living in Arizona. These thoughts keep me warm (at least inside) when the winds are howling. How many more years do I have to work before I can retire? Oh well--back to my joy of knitting!

Right now I have finished two of the Increase/Decrease projects--the last one addresses pick up and knit as well. I've always had trouble with this on socks--so it was great to see that I could do it well. In addition, I've been reading some of Clara Parkes's The Knitter's Book of Yarn and learning how ply affects knitting--especially in terms of stitch definition. Very enlightening. I am knitting my projects in Cascade 220--which it 4-ply yarn--and the definition is truly there! I now have a bit more knowledge to help me pair projects with yarns. I have ordered her next book on wool and look forward to learning more!

No comments: