Sunday, July 6, 2008

Socks, again . . .

Well, I finished my sad little learning sock and have viewed all the mistakes . . . and have picked myself off the ground and started a "real" sock that I hope to wear. The smallest two circs that I have are size 2--so hopefully they will be okay for now. I am a very tight knitter--so we shall see. At first, I rather freaked out using such small needles and such thin yarn since the other sock was done on size 6 and worsted weight yarn. But . . . after the cast-on and first row, I've been just fine. I am using Knitpicks Felici sock year in the Schooner colorway, and it is very soft and great to work with. I will take pics for my Ravelry site very soon. I am following the basic sock pattern in Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles and love her sense of humor. Her videos on YouTube also help a great deal.

1 comment:

Ilix said...

smaller gauge is a bit odd at first, but it is really nice on the feet. Let us know how you like that yarn I am using KP pallett at the moment.